GRIT Assignment #7
How to Huckleberry
Everybody wants to be Doc Holliday.
Fine.
Your choice must satisfy one constraint: Commit to one character in Tombstone you think understands something everyone else misses. Convince me.
Make your case using three specific scenes and three direct quotations from the film.
No plot summary.
No reviews.
No "the movie is about..."
No shooting from the hip.
Just your argument + evidence.
Submit it.
Step Two
Now paste your own paper into ChatGPT
Use this prompt exactly.
I think I've accidentally revealed something about myself through the character I chose.
Ignore the movie.
Using only my paper as evidence, identify five assumptions I seem to hold about people.
Quote my own words.
Do not tell me whether I am right or wrong.
Ask me three questions that become unavoidable if your observations are accurate.
Do not argue with the AI.
Do not agree with it.
Just read it.
Step Three
Write one final paragraph.
Begin with this sentence:
The question I thought I was answering was __________.
End with this one:
The question I was actually answering was __________.
That's it.
"Time is a created thing. To say 'I don't have time,' is like saying, 'I don't want to.'" — Lao Tzu (as quoted in A Million Little Pieces)
