I am beta testing these, on myself and who will take the bait (Ears loves this shit), the assignments that seem to strike at the core of the whole gritty grit shit.
Fucking Asshole. And this one.
I got push back on 🤏 step two, the original, of How To Huckleberry and I immediately revised it. None of this works unless they want to do it. Busy professional working adults. They do not have time for busy work. As much as I blah blah blah blah blah here ( it's my fucking blog, I can blather all I want ), at the end of the day less is more in the final products.
How to Huckleberry
Everybody wants to be Doc Holliday.
Fine.
Your choice must satisfy one constraint: Commit to one character in Tombstone you think understands something everyone else misses. Convince me.
Make your case using three specific scenes and three direct quotations from the film.
No plot summary.
No reviews.
No "the movie is about..."
No shooting from the hip.
Just your argument + evidence.
Submit it.
Step Two
Now paste your own paper into ChatGPT
Use this prompt exactly:
I think I might have accidentally lied. Tell me the one sentence in my paper that I probably believe the most.
Then tell me why that sentence might not survive my own evidence.
Step Three
Write one final paragraph.
Begin with this sentence:
The question I thought I was answering was __________.
End with this one:
The question I was actually answering was __________.
That's it.
( honestly I wanna drop the academic outcome type language in step three and just say "I thought I thought x. But now I think I might think x and y or something. but that's too confusing )
I do have a submission of my own that I keep running through it and running through it and running through it until the assignment itself elicits something I didn't expect. If already knew everything I thought, why would looking at it fucking matter? and if I knew everything that I needed to know, then why would anything be fucked up? (duh?)
