Sunday, August 02, 2026

My kids, all of em, every set, I am just humbled to have had any part of them. (I hope I did detonate! my 2 cents)

Ears came over, we planned his dismount from Here, the cat the property checks the garbage etc., to join me. 

We are both in each others' wake easily. QUIET, hiking/walking/moving through the wild (he hates water, but he respects my relationships). 

I left pointless directions last year - they were pointless because anyone who knows the way there knows the way there - I guess I wanted to leave no doubts? (didn't work)

I have packed way too much food, I have packed way too much everything already - my pickup is perfect for this, the bed is waterproof so if what I have packed in there is entirely pointless it doesn't matter, it just makes the ass of it heavier / steadier. Carry it along.

If anyone who knew the way there happened to show up, how would we feel? Ears+I thought experiment. Simultaneous shrug. It's not indifference. We decided to do the chicken kiev tonight, not there, so that we wouldn't have cooking wine on hand, and that was the full extent of our accommodations.  Bug appreciated that, she ate alllll of it. 

If either one of us won the lottery today, we would just buy land on which people could be quiet for a while, then go back to 'in it' whatever capacity was their dharma. And we wouldn't talk to them much, assuming that like us they would prefer not.

Recent experience suggests you can have more than one dharma in one lifetime, which is understandably confusing. Ears and I agree that the great shattering should be honored enough to acknowledge that fact. We SHOULD probably talk about that. At some point. It seems like a new ontological dimension to grapple with outa nowhere. But maybe we don't have to take it on today. 

So that was the final answer. If anyone shows up, presume they're looking for their dharma and otherwise proceed as planned. Quiet. Me and Pond, a thing. Hiking, w Goodenough first, Crane second. I am going to be thinking nonstop about the fact that my mother can never come there again because I'm not strong enough, and no I don't want to talk about it.

Or we don't ever leave the camp because it's stormy, and I sit next to the water the whole time, sliding in and out when it seems safe, fog hugging the surface. Ears watching. Oculars (Bug word) on the surface fog tracking my smudge. Both of us silent, not just quiet, *perfecting silence* so to HEAR. He is much better at it because he's not hoping to hear one thing over another. I'm always hoping for the loon. He hears every move I make.

cold and wet
I have a fullbody swimsuit so it will make no difference - I bought it for Oct swimming there - but I like the naked (underwear) swimming best, so probably I'll just be cold - like, if he's cold then we'll be cold together, say la vee 🤷🏽‍♀️