Wednesday, August 26, 2026

me: I threw out my scale, over it!
her: cover eyes, guess
me: 104 pounds
her: 104.4 - you are back on top of you yes?
me: well, someone has to be on top of me 
us: 🀣🀣
her: (looking me over, reviewing all the tests, listening to me list mountains climbed, weights lifted, etc) everything look excellent, any concerns
me: no, nothing hurts!
her: except πŸ‘† (pointing at her heart)
me: yes πŸ’” except that πŸ’”
her: (holds out tissues, I wave them off) how old is mama?
me: 83
her: me too, we are sandwich generation, kids old people no life
me: yea my greatest health risks by far are my damn job and social isolation
her: my husband, they say they fire 9. 6 just say no and quit. 3 have to sign the paper (she means the nda, which means we are not supposed to be talking about it, but ya)
me: yes, 9 was our number too. md's can't be in teachers union
her: pharmacist don't need headache
me: my social isolation problem is  those were all my friends, fired over and over, so I don't have many friends left. and as I said, my love life is shit
her: you try apps?
me: fuck. no.
us: 🀣🀣
her: understand, and it will be hard for you so healthy and mountain hobbies. most men your age are, how you say "busted"?
me: 🀣 yes busted - beer bellies and bad attitudes
her: maybe younger but not want babies, men like that (she rolls her eyes)
me: if you know any recently widowed cowboys btw 45-55 years old, keep me in mind 
us: 🀣🀣
her: I like your boots!
me: thanks, I want to be prepared in case line dancing magically appears
her: maybe we go young as 42, yes?
us: 🀣🀣

she didn't even hassle me about the bone density, clearly no longer frail. densetits test will be plenty. with doc's blessing, it's martini club night. ever-nerdy, E has mixology books and a kit and all that jazz. she makes 2 new cocktail recipes, 2 martinis each, plenty to render me talkative af. and I supply weird ingredients like sugar cured spruce buds and/or vodka with no English on the label + charcuterie board, of course.

that's just me - riley green new release - surely he's under the medically suggested 42 years of age, but the mustaches slay me, and he has landed quite a few of my thoughts this last year

virgo plodding staus:

sheduled the cottage closing mid-sept, gonna stay there weekdays until ✅️

March conference proposal submitted ✅️

HAWAII conference proposal pending, but shall be submitted shortly! (and if accepted, I'm fucking GOING)

lawn still needs mowed 🀷🏽‍♀️

card of the day, mos def feelin it