already rolling with hallucinates - ok let's trip out
working idea was: what AI could get done it would do, and what only I could do I would. fine. but I keep finding new things that it fucking does 🤨 not in a good way.
it objected to my use of the word "lie"
"Hallucinating" is an "industry recognized term" so my use of it as a tool to do so would be (ironically) authentically justifiable
so okay (finefine lol), is there an "AI industry recognized term" for what I'm calling lying?
A: "high-verisimilitude confabulation"
😳 I am not making that up - I saved all this shit as screenshots - I'm gonna powerpoint the shit out of this, and then let them lie and hallucinate and watch hero films and get everything wrong #humanitiesforhumans
to the bot's credit, it does know that it's basically a swiss army knife - it can do a whole bunch of things a little bit and is kind of a cool thing to have handy
how it is marketed and what it is being used for wasn't up to it, those were human decisions
so okay, let's roll with it some more. "high-verisimilitude confabulation" - translation, super duper good liar, really good, knows how to lie to you; you want it to lie to you good; pantydropper good. what's an assignment that can get them to lie with it on purpose? to that seductive edge. not cheat, that's easy, they all know how to do that. confabulate.
lie to me baby, c'mon, stick the landing motherfucker
over the course of the next couple weeks, the only person I'm likely to talk to is Ears and if I had to pick just one, be him - he knows a ton about this shit, about generative writing platforms, hell, he wires giant cooling units for AI data centers that are no longer legal in NYS. So much for going into the trades as a magic bullet.
But like I do, he doesn't really care about the fuckwit factor (free will). And like me he worries about the money, but that's not the same thing as caring about money, desiring it. Nope.
At the end of the day, how do we use Everything Anything to make ourselves smarter / better / more / alive? And how does it all get written down? That's the kind of conversation that I could only have with Ears for days. When we're not quietly reading compelling convoluted books.
