Until stoney silence as I walked slowly back there, dumped a bag of kettle corn on the ground near where I knew he was in the tall grass, then went back inside. Crows are drawn to people ( we make cheetos ), but rarely to persons, especially when they're upset, especially a sentinel (the cops of crows). So it was just as likely I'd make enemies versus friends of the murder by doing that. But I really wanted to make friends so I risked it.
At the ungodly hour I was awakened this morning, I went out to check, kettle corn still there. Rejection, sadly. But then they came back. Stoney silence still, looking at me as I walked the dogs on a lead to keep them from going back there, then I went inside again. Then they took the corn, and left me a wee present right outside the back door
![]() |
| lucky migration charm |
I texted my crow friend to confirm the behavior. The murder has at least a "we'll see" attitude towards me. They would like more corn before they decide. (Fair!)
![]() |
#ShitTurd - the sentinal (protector / provider)
No more mowing the edges. I accidentally flushed a terrified baby bunny yesterday, and birds are fledging. I am leaving an unmowed barrier at the base of the fence for critter safe passage from now on. Seems fitting, a margin of wild all around me.


