Thursday, August 05, 2010

New Age author Bob Frissell wrote a book called _Nothing in This Book Is True, But It's Exactly How Things Are_. It contains a host of seemingly far-fetched theories about UFOs, crop circles, ascended masters, earth changes, and monuments on Mars, all of which adds up to a beguiling Theory of Everything about the hidden nature of reality. I see your life right now as having resemblances to this curious tome. If I had to give a title to the next chapter of your story, Virgo, it might be "Nothing That's Happening Will Make Much Sense Until It Has Finished Happening, Whereupon It Will Yield a Burst of Insight about the Big Picture of Your Destiny."

Welp. That sounds a little ominous. Anytime anyone says "Everything happens for a reason" they usually mean "That sucked!" And all I feel at the moment is my feathers ruffled. I guess, lo and behold, after all my bitching about it, I got used to Saturn in my sign (review: cosmically imposed solitary confinement) . . . there is a lot that I like about the way of being that I've developed, especially in the last year, which involves lots of productivity and a small-circle social life that is maintained by nearly daily offerings of helpfulness. A pie, a note, a favor, a small present like a Magic Hat bottle cap that reads "be in peace, not in pieces", a saying that I like even better on a beer cap. I realize: my ideal patter of days is a kind of busy monastic one. I want a man to enter into that as a person might jump into a game of double dutch. Can you jump in and out without tangling my shit to a dead stop? What is the trade-off risk, between having someone to be/play with (somewhat/times) and having you fall all over me? In most cases, mmmm, too high methinks. Today was music lesson day, can you tell? All the attention this week, it's literally given me a nervous stomach ache now. Enough already.

Meanwhile, aside from the ongoing re-fi and whatnot projects, I've started making a series of 78 collages, playing card size. For obvious purposes. And sole ownership of those purposes. One per day.