Wednesday, June 02, 2010


VIRGO, Something about you warms people up. It's probably your extraordinary self-confidence. People feel safe with you -- like whatever happens, you'll handle it. They're glad to have you around.


I'm getting more feedback like that lately than a woman has a right to. WAY more. At the commuciation workshop for yoga teachers wow they loooove me, after several recent classes from students wow they loooooove me too lately jeez louise, at the at-risk-youth yoga class I gave at the Native Community Center, at the reconvened mystic wed night classes, two sets of "God Bless You" letters on the same day in the mail (no seriously, my boss sent a note just to tell me she is going to pray for me and everyone I love every day this summer), a set of "Clerks" dvds in the mail as a for-no-reason-except-you're-awesome gift from a coworker, a kiss on my nose from the piano teacher, and more . . . and that's just in the last week. It's embarrassing to report kinda, but: Clearly something I'm doing is working for other people, (and that works for me). Hmmmm. The thing is, I'm just doing my thing mostly <:/ I'm not trying to evoke anything from any of these people. I dunno. Shrug.

Welp, this set of songs is dedicated to FPH. I say "dedicated" rather than "for", that seems to represent better my overall meh ft. neutrality mojo at the moment. The list starts out cracking me up and then gets asldkgfalsdjfa;sl warmer as it goes but in a restrained chill euro beat kinda way, metrosexual musk playlist:


josh bloomberg - beast of burden (the cover style really brings out the canadian gay in this song, gigglegiggle. optional: orginal version)

frankie karl & the dreams - don't be afraid (do what I say) - soul/do-woppy

mixilodian - make me - weird beginning, it catches you at the guitar riffing, 30-45 seconds in

andras fox and sui zhen - petite morte - sexychiiiilllll

jurassic 5 - canto de ossanha - pick up the pace a bit, chill w a shake-ass bass-line, oh yaaa