Thursday, June 10, 2010

Long-buried emotions from the past, some of them pleasant and some in need of release, could well up from your subconscious today, Virgo. This is likely to have an uplifting effect on your mental and emotional state, so don't fight it. It's also likely to release whatever hang-ups you might have about relationships. Therefore, you can expect all your involvements to thrive - particularly the romantic ones. Enjoy.

My resting tone is sardonic (armscrossy). But actually, aside from the fact that the world is ending, finally I feel reliably and consistently good. I could be a little happier, and I could be writing a novel, but . . . . meh. Not long ago my resting state was between bored stiff and miserable as hell (faking it). Now it's between pretty good and just fine most of the time. My kids, they laugh at my jokes, Ears holds the doors for old ladies instinctively the way FPH does and I love that, the neighbors let my dog out if I'm running late, my phone goes off all the time with texts and emails exchanging nothing much but life tidbits. It's unremarkable in almost every way, which turns out to be the thing I'm remarking with pleasure in my rare spare moments.

I'm about to teach yoga - in just walked an old grad student acquaintance, a professor now I know at a nearby university. He pauses, decides "no way", I smile, leave it alone. Once I would have winced and wondered what language poetry bullshit thing I was about not to know. Now I'm going to make it fine for him that he's in those really awful cargo shorts.