Friday, August 15, 2008

Annnnd the other show drops: my house is Sold. They had their last inspection today on the boilers, and Mama Red passed her exams. She’s in fantastic shape for an old broad. So. I’ll gain possession of TH this coming Wednesday, move what I must next weekend, fix the plumbing then move the rest of my stuff mid-Sept, and Mama Red will become the new home of Sasha and Emily shortly thereafter. Sasha is a UB history prof, who will join the PhD ghetto of Parkside. Half his department lives within 5 blocks of here. And nobody is selling here, afraid of the market. And if you’re a professor, welllll, you almost have to live here. And it’s August. . . . I’m am deeeeply unskilled at most of the things I wish I were good at - like trusting or liking almost anyone for more than a nanosecond - but working a disadvantage to my advantage, that I can often do. I'm not fully counting on it until I have the check in my hand, but that's because I don't trust anything for more than a nanosecond. [Very tiring, being that way. Sigh.] In the non-paranoid dimension of the universe, though, my house has been successfully sold.


The Allman Brothers Band: Ramblin' Man
bonus "Ode to a Friend," Andy Yorke (Thom's little brother) [I love this anyway]

+ bonus track for my [sometimes profitable] temper:
Bettye LaVette (Ft. Drive-By Truckers) - "You Don't Know Me At All"