Friday, July 09, 2010

it's soo hot, all day feels like first thing in the morning, like pure coping

WEEKEND LOVE FORECAST
: ARIES: Every relationship has its frustrations -- yours is not the only one. You'll work through one gracefully on Friday. TAURUS: You're ultra-attractive, especially to someone you'll be meeting for the first time this weekend. GEMINI: You'll get to know the truth about someone when you see him or her often. CANCER: Your enthusiasm will make you even more beautiful than you already are. LEO: If you are to capture a potential loved one's attention, spend more time with this person. VIRGO: You have a magical energy. You need only to glide by and your vibes spark excitement in someone. LIBRA: Do not let others know that you doubt your attractiveness by seeking validation. Instead, strut. SCORPIO: Do what it takes to get comfortable in your own skin. When this is the case, you'll win everyone over -- your ease will be infectious. SAGITTARIUS: There's something special you would like to do, and you shouldn't let another person stand in the way of your doing it. CAPRICORN: Talk about your curiosities. You'll bond with those who wonder about the same things. AQUARIUS: On a solo outing, you will meet someone fascinating who you would not have met had you been accompanied by your friends. PISCES: You'll play the odds and win.

My posse is leaving town for a while. Next 3 weekends and 2 solid weeks, I'll be on my own. Though I probably won't know what the hell to do with myself, I really need some adult-rated time, I'm wound tight as a tick and it shows. I joked at music lessons that I'll be waking up and drinking beer for breakfast while they're gone. The piano teacher said, "I'll be with your mom, we're gonna drink beer for breakfast, you guys just take a hike" and he laughed - this is the one who loves us, his new wife has 2 kids the age of the boyz, he seems to think packages like ours are winning love life lottery tickets. I look over my shoulder back at him, a sudden simmer like um I'm gonna rip your head off if you add to my frustrated-donut-syndrome Bub. My hair is HUGE, I'm barely surviving going commando in one of those deadhead outfits of strips of cotton tied around me only where necessary, I look savage but a lot more civilized than I feel anymore in this heat. I smiled at him and I did not blink. (youwannapieceame?! Illfuckyouup!!) (lol, oy) Then I swish the kids toward the door, Bye. He says, "Hey Gina!" Yeah? "Nothin, I just wanted you to say bye again."

A favorite pastime: cue this up in the car, worn the kids "here comes the rebel yell", they put their hands over their ears, I turn the volume ALL the way up, then when she comes in at exactly :10, sing/yell with all my might of lung power that first "WhoAahoh!!"along with her. Then I either listen to the rest of the song, or I need to do that again.
No seriously, right now, TRY IT! Trust me.
Aretha Franklin - You Keep Me Hanging On
bonus track (boyz get to listen to this one, in exchange for my rebel yelling, also at top volume, which I'll confess I also like, especially after some rebel yell therapy, and I play drums on the steering wheel):
Nirvana - Aneurism