Monday, January 25, 2010

had a houseful of people this weekend, and now I'm in the expected crashmode back to reality, feeling as gray as the day. no matter what I do, I can't just take the good without the bad. for better or worse, I'm totally alive to both, that full range of feeling, goooooood and baaaaaaaad all the time. and those studies that show oxytocin levels in the brain going way way up when a person gives, as when a woman feeds you, that's me, an oxytocin addict, my brain just happy as a pig in shit the more people eat, the more they're present to be cared for - my brain can turn hot pink. but then, it can also turn dead gray, like rotting meat. some women cannot live on shih tzus. sigh. welp, I came to work anyway of course, and played DmS's summertime/motherless medly for my students and told them about sorrow songs and sublimation . . . my classes are maxed out this semester on the heels of the Spirituality seminar in the fall. It's not me they're there for, ti's the Mahalia, i.e. the students want access to talking of human spirits and the draining away of them. for the money they pay to be here, methinks they should at least have heard of Mahalia Jackson. it helps a lot that I get to give people such things as part of my job.

in case you don't have kids (which nobody who reads this blog does, to my knowledge), here:



this is totally hot, an underappreciated butt-shaker (louis prima)

bonus: Louis Prima - Love Of My Life (O Sole Mio)