Tuesday, September 30, 2008


Random news: I do not have a title to this house, instead I have title insurance which the lawyer explained to me while I pretended to listen and now I realize that means I can't tell who has owned this house all along which is why I need the insurance and also why there is no way of guessing who the ghost might be (have been, I mean); I missed the Smelt Festival (there's always next year); the "Psychic Faire" is Oct 12th at the firehall where all the local witches gather and (if you've got the balls to walk in there) you can buy Eye of Newt incense, for instance; and the Cabbage Festival is coming up, at which "you can sample a variety of cabbage inspired dishes served up by our area restaurants" says the Chamber of Commerce website, and there will be a cabbage tossing contest and the annual cabbage costume contest and "New this year!! A parade of hats made out of, you guessed, cabbage leaves!!!"