Friday, April 14, 2006

Spongebob: Patrick!, are you with me or against me?!!
Patrick: Can you give me a hint?

(love that)

-------
From The Beginner, Lynn Hejinian:

This is a good place to begin.
From something.
A little beat of time, a little happiness quite distinct from misery as yet.
The sun shines.
The sun is perceived as a bear, then a boat, then an instruction: see.

Like other beginners, the child makes an array of connections between a large number of people.
I don’t mean that they happen around the child, I’m saying that the child makes them.
A foreshortening, it’s really a form of freedom, it seems so inevitable, so normal, that no one imagines it could have been intended, but in what direction does it go?

No matter how much one prepares, one must take jumps, and I don’t what, because they are so active, to call them unless playful (dramatic) and promising (even more dramatic).
But why jump?

Time matters to experts but it is everything to beginners, who don’t want to get up in the dark unnecessarily any more than anyone else but who don’t want to be left in the dark either, they won’t want to miss out on life, hardly anyone does, though I’m not such a beginner myself as to deny that some do, some come to that, to wanting to be left in the dark, that is, yes.

Everything that’s real is repeated in its new found sense.
We know that limit and surpass it, renaming our integrity.
Now it’s reality.