Monday, July 24, 2017

"When I was little, I wanted to be three things: a cowboy, an artist, and the Incredible Hulk. The funny thing is that all three wishes came true.  I love my horse, I'm a writer, and I have more in common with Bruce Banner's dangerous side than I'd like to admit.  What I wanted so much as a child were power and invincibility, but what I actually found was a hidden core of indestructible rage that made me a better artist, person, and mother." ~Delilah S. Dawson, On the Hulk: You Wouldn't Like Me When I'm Angry

I had a little dark moon party over the weekend (pitch sky makes for great yard fires). Vindictive's coming out party of sorts. I made my famous scrumptious pepper dip and poured wine and we built a backyard fire on homemade firestarters. I am still pooped.

The secret superhero identity idea is a strong one, it clearly resonates. One of the librarians admitted that his office chair in the cataloging bowels of the building wears a Batman cape. One of the bio teachers has an alter ego named Supressed who is polite to idiots but who can make your dogs like her better than they like you. Etc. Since most of the people I know are teachers too or work as teaching supporting staff, all this summer thought play is work for me kinda. Come fall, my class on Emerson will have a new unit on DIY superheroes - what could be more Self-Reliant than that?

VIRGO Beauty and pain are often linked. Every rose has its thorns. A good florist will handle the danger. And when there's no one to take away the prickly truth of the matter, go on and assume the role of protector.
 More thunder is rolling in on a darkening afternoon. I got home from work just ahead of the sky cracking apart. Good weather for a nap.