Wednesday, July 19, 2017

VIRGO The passive approach would work if you were on a raft floating down a river with its own agenda. But you're not. You're standing on the path that splits into many possible directions, and you have to decide which way to walk. (Ya mean stomp?)


I had a dream that I was throwing knives. I woke up and thought: YES. I googled it. Knife throwing falls into the same category as competitive hot yoga, the difficult and pissed off end of concentration martial arts. I started trying to find lessons locally.

I haven't yet. But what I did find is a place that will organize an axe throwing party for you (with beer). They bill it as a bonding team building thing.

So I sent out a 'would you be interested?' text to all my faculty and friends at work. And 2 funny things:

1. Within minutes, EVERYONE had responded that omg they would like nothing better, especially while drinking beer, to let fly their F-U.

2. They all said something like, This is why we love you, you are a great hater (you are Vindictive)!

I thought I was keeping that kinda well hidden (?), telling jokes all the time, but no, my known quantity is furious. And I thought I would stay quiet on the social down low until I felt all peacenik sweet again. But all the good people I know, they'd all like to hurl a hatchett too, they just don't walk around feeling it all the time.

Soooo, (out)rage(d) is the new nice (?)