Thursday, July 21, 2016

“I used to think marriage was a plate-glass window just begging for a brick.”~Jeanette Winterson, Wrtten on the Body

My new shrink (I got one because I wanted to yell at a shrink about how lame the last shrink was) drew a lifespan on a piece of paper, circled 5-15 years old, and asked me, What is the number one life lesson you learned in those years?  I thought about the bonkers they were, the knot in my stomach all the time, the crazy it drove me, "That I'd be better off on my own."  Well then, that's why you do it, get on your own.  "But HOW? When I tried so hard not to?"  I don't know how, just why - what you resist persists, you know Jung.  Then she went into a thing about maybe trying some yoga, getting in touch with my spiritual path, and I thought O for fucks sake she's about to recommend a book with relationship diagrams in it I'm so over this shit...And she sure did, then told me a story about her and husband being complementary personality types, completely oblivious to her Partner Privilege.  Jesus >:/

But I thought the Jung bit was pretty good.  I'm sitting here, well sit-lying as per usual, drinking coffee, listening to the birds, thinking about that.  And about him, to be honest.