Sunday, October 19, 2008

It's getting cold and wet outside. So of course it's time to plaster a bale house! Ya can't get bale street cred if you don't freeze your joints nearly to cracking, after all. I gotta figure out how to get a wide enough angle on this puppy to get the whole into one shot. But just the fact that I can't easily do so deomonstrates the difference in scale between this one and the one from last year.



[that's Bale-D and the owner, Carrie, whose new digs are comforting her for the loss of her 2 Familiars]








[my fave shot, what will be the view left-askance off the sun porch]


for virgo: "If you could ask everyone you met one question, what would it be?" A reader named Ty Sassaman emailed me with that query. As I thought about what my response would be, I considered questions like "What's the one thing you most want to accomplish before you die many years from now?" or "What could you do to bring more intelligence into the way you love?" But ultimately I decided on "What is your soul's code?" How about you, Virgo? What would be your prime question? I suggest that in the coming days you ask it of everyone you encounter. You're in a phase in your astrological cycle when focused curiosity is a kind of superpower.
bonus track: "Comfort You (Van Morrison cover)," Denison Witmer