Thursday, October 30, 2008

"I cannot reconcile myself with things, were each moment to wrest itself out of time to give me a kiss."--E.M. Cioran, The Trouble With Being Born


[If each moment were to wrest itself out of time to give me a kiss, I'd be fine. I could make ears toes whatever and be perfectly happy.]
hornsome playlist:
Lonesome Lover Blues Kenny Dorham, trumpet, vocals; Jimmy Heath, tenor sax, baritone sax; Walter Bishop Jr., piano; Percy Heath, bass; Kenny Clarke, drums
Todd Snider w/ Patty Griffin: Fortunate Son (harmonica) - if you want to download the tracks of the album, you have to go to the site and get em for free - "Ponce of the Flaming Peace Queer" is worth the form-fill-out annoyance (to me)
Tuatara - The Streets Of New Delhi greeky, ie spastic around the edges, but good
Girlyman, My Sweet Lord (orig. George Harrison) [no horns, but I love this]