Sunday, May 18, 2008

X has the boys til tomorrow cz of some holiday - I’m mulling around in the extra silence. It’s relentlessly cold here, which traps me inside, puttering and pondering . . .

If you think highly of someone and they in turn tell you [implicitly or explicitly] that you're valueless, you feel like they’re right instinctively. [1+1=2] All things considered, it’s no wonder I don’t think highly of many people. [I hate math.]

A house is not a lover man. For instance, if you’re really into a house, you're thinking about it all the time and its quaint peculiarities and you picture yourself with the house wrapped around you, wandering from room to room within it, feeling safe with it and adding beauty to it - this is a very pleasurable mindset. But when I didn’t get that house in Whiteyton, I felt fine about it, I felt happy to be able to continue making out with other houses, I felt like all the potential problems of that house (radon termites whatever) were going to be some other woman’s problems, and I felt free to spend my stimulus package on the spiffy little laptop I‘m typing on right now.

That was Thought One and Thought Two for today, I guess.



First post from Spiffy playlist:
Earlimart :: "Happy" Alone [runner up]
Stars - Sleep tonight (Junior Boys remix) [I wish]
Bettye Swann - These Arms Are Mine [my pick]
Patterson Hood :: Heavy And Hanging ['where'd I put my ski mask?' lala]
Mark Kozelek :: Up To My Neck In You