Thursday, March 20, 2008


went to see the sabres play last night w kids and we/they all got on camera once, an odd thrill - every single seat was filled seemed like, and unlike all the other games I've gone to, there were no fans from the other team (ie Tampa is much farther away than the Canadian foes) - the happiness was deafening and absolute, the whole arena shaking with the pounding and the glee - plus (this never occured to me before) since I wasn't on a date and didn't have split loyalties (half hoping for FPH's team to win) my sense of decorum went right out the window and I jumped up and down like a kid myself, yelling my head off - the adrenalin lasted for hours! I kind of like Gaustad particularly, it's like watching a brick wall play hockey, he bangs into people and they go splat. sports-happiness is a nice buzz, gotta say.

I love stuff like that, when for decades you go along living your life and then suddenly there is a new pleasure in the world that you hadn't really known before, and now you have that.

one problem: math. I hate math. TJ keeps asking me, are we 8th place yet? how do you we get into 8th place? why is that points number still 81 when we scored 7 times? and I have noooooooooooo idea. hrrmph