Wednesday, August 22, 2007


for Virgo this week: Are you ready to leave the past behind, drop all your assumptions, welcome the return of your innocence, adopt a beginner's mind, and start fresh everywhere? I hope so, because that's what the universe will be nudging you to do. Here are some words of wisdom to incite you and arouse you. (1) "You don’t know what you can get away with until you try." - Colin Powell. (2) "Never underestimate your power to change yourself." - H. Jackson Brown, Jr. (3) "If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door." - my friend Lucy Spinner. (4) "God calls you to the place where your deep gladness and the world's deep hunger meet." - Frederick Buechner [never heard of him].

I think I might have come out of the womb with (1) tattooed under my hair like 666. I’m going for (4) these days.

My sister called at nearly midnight after a night out w her friends from work. She’d had an epiphany: academics suck. (lol) “I mean, I have 8-10 people at work every day that if I want to I can stick my head in their cube and they’ll show me something stupid they found on u-tube or tell me a story about one of the asshole bosses coming out of the bathroom with toilet paper stuck to her stiletto – and what do you got??” Pulease, tell me about it. I like my job, the job itself, a lot, but yeah it’s hard to feel glad in a social environment where Britishy accents get stronger/weaker depending on how far the pole is up somebody’s ass. It’s like a teacher’s lounge that fell into a vat of toxic chemicals cartoon-bad-guy style. I feel as if there’s a tentacle of evil seaweed around my ankle pulling me down toward the cold water of the semester, an attitude that is cracking my mind open like a walnut and really just not helping matters generally speaking.

So I’m putting my foot down. I’m going to turn my attention now to what nutty thrift store ensembles I’ll wear this season, and the rest can just bite me. [armscrossy]

Dylan [Mark Ronson’s Remix] - Most Likely You Go Your Way (And I’ll Go Mine).