Friday, August 24, 2007

I had hoped for catharsis

The opening assembly of the semester was today. The nun-Prez (Big D) gave her homily as per usual - there is always a theme for the year (oy), the most of amusing of which in recent years was "Pass the Salt", we being the salt of the earth and thus should pass ourselves around more, to students, or something like that. (She's cunning, yet retarded - a strangely common combo in my experience.) Today she read from the book of Luke and the upshot was, as Jesus told Simon, "Don't worry - from now on you'll catch men. - Remember that, and know that miracles happen every day."

(pause)

Meanwhile, I killed time reading Esquire [shut up], and I found this hilarious. And I went with a ruched polyester skirt from the Suzanne Somers collection paired with a little girl's shirt from the school-uniform line at Target, fyi