Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Wisconsin 1 - So far So Good

Got in at about 1 a.m., then stayed up drinkin' beer and yacking w the old man until 4. At 8 a.m., he wakes me w coffee ready, he's already grocery shopped for the kids' faves, and he's off to build a deck for the day.

So yeah, um, he's the same ol' same ol', the only person I know who can out-spaz me. Still, at 66. He says he feels great, that he was just pissed (to have cancer) but now he's over it. He says he doesn't need to hit 100, that 80 is fine, that "ya can't even piss straight after that anyway." But man is he full of the one-liner-wisdoms. Now that he's got the credibility of croaking, he just lets em fly relentless. My fave of last night: "Do the the things you like best, do only those things, and now that you know what a shitpile looks like, don't step in so many."

Hard to argue w that one.

"This Time (I'm Gonna Try It My Way)," DJ Shadow