Thursday, March 30, 2017

Fun fact: google news feed is entirely different here. It is all shark attacks in Florida and domestic violence shootings. It is Asia Trump barely exists, like mere distant background noise.

I have never stayed in Georgia before, except for that once in Atlanta when I found that 10 story gay dance club and I was the only woman there. Good times that was, but um. Having mellowed quite a bit since then, I am reading a novel naked in my room having napped off a flight a flight of beers I consumed after lunch. This is a good conference. All about teaching, the only part of my job my heart is really in all the way. And this time all these eager souls are with me, anxious as I am to grapple with all that is besetting our students such that their minds have no room to think. This morning was about teaching diversity. What is the desired learning outcome? For the student to take a deep breath, absorb in thought like say about implicit bias, and on the exhale be that little bit less of an asshole. We drank beer and toasted to that.

This is the south. It is 85 degrees and the air is humid like a sexy man's armpit. My curls are *fantastic*


 And the obligatory whine that I am alone...
:p

(Actually, I feel perfectly fine.)