Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Phone rings. 8 a.m.

Me: hi dad
Him: hey darlin! Looks like you have pretty good weather out there!
Me: yea, campus is closed, so I was just sleeping in (oye)
Him: ha ha you know I like busting your balls!
Me: uh huh. How are ya?
Him: Good! I had a dirty dream last night.
Me:
Him:
Me: ya know I assumed there was going to be more to that story but I'm glad there wasn't, gotta say.
Him: ha ha right!
Me: right
Him: well actually now that you asked I woke up thinking it was you and Mark!
Me: I didn't ask. Hey hold on a minute dad... (I walk into TJ's room and hand the phone to him and go back to bed)

Later, sharing one mismatched set of gloves and one shovel, clearing the driveway with TJ.

Him: nice move just handing me off to Tbone this morning lol, that was delightful!
Me: (retell the dirty dream conversation)
Him: hahahahahahaha
Me: hahahahahahaha
Him: wow.
Me: ya.
Him: Mark?? Your dead ex from like childhood???
Me: right? Welp Mark does feel still around kinda although he should have moved on from the bardo by now.
Him: everything you have told me about him suggests he would procrastinate.
Me: true.
Him: he is probably sitting around smoking pot in the bardo designing the art of his first album cover in his next life
Me: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

TJ is the funniest person I know.