Thursday, July 10, 2014

...having just smashed my new jeep into a little old lady’s car in the Top’s parking lot (driving while grieving, not a good idea). I just had to have the Suzuki towed away dead yesterday where Aaron left it, with two flat tires and god knows what else, now staring at a crushed jeep face and a little old lady’s tin can mushed entirely, $1000 deductible and this won’t be good for my rate on now two cars needing extensive repairs…I leak money like I do tears these days. The cops took so long that finally I was just sitting on the curb with the old lady, crying quietly. She said, This is my first accident, I’m not hurt but I don’t know how I feel. I said, My mate left me a couple months ago, I’m still getting used to no man in my life to call when I do womanly things like drive into people when I’m upset. She said, My husband died, it was the shock of my life. I said, What did you do? She said, I didn’t stop working and I had three dogs to concentrate on. I asked, How long did it take, before you got used to it? She said, Oh about a year….well never really but….I learned in my life that you just have to keep your chin up and keep going no matter what Honey, it’s always something, if you know what I mean. I said, Yes.
(I don't like The Fray)