Tuesday, October 12, 2010




I had to give this big presentation on "writing across the curriculum" today to faculty at another college. I had no good reason to do it, it was mediocre money, but I dunno, I just said yes, that's all. I suppose I wanted to cheat on my college for a day, see how I come off to people who aren't used to looking at me. I stressed it for days and days. Then I wore the blue dress. I was mic'd up like Madonna (tee hee). Like many things I do, it was a ton of stressful preparation and then the thing itself was merely perfectly fine. They loved me. Of course they loved me. Self-deprecating jokes fly out of my ass like butterflies.

It was down in Olean, ie Chataqua, the northern Allegany area, a beautiful meandering drive in through fog and out past farmettes and hunting cabins. I love mountains. I love "Nowhere" places. I love Nowheres nestled in mountains best of anything, they're like the environ equivalent of a lover's armpit.

I was listening to: Leo Kottke & Mike Gordon, "Sweet Emotion" (Aerosmith)