Saturday, February 27, 2010


pissy listserving ft. water droplets


I'm lightly fascinated at this point with everyone being fascinated with curling - I assumed, like me, people would flip on the tube, see it was curling, and turn it back off until the hockey hour or whatever, not think 'woo hoo, it's curling!' I'm trying to imagine what kind of mood is the one where you wanna watch curling, and the first thing that comes to mind is "mood I'd be in while sitting still for kidney dialysis" . . .

update: The Upside of Depression. interesting.
ft. this, which brings me back to the subject of worry. cz if you're on an island and a wave is moving at you at 600 mph, the 'evacuation inland' is maybe marginally a rational response, bc, ya know, it's an ISLAND, so there's no place to run really is there? seems like some kinda heavy handed metaphor for life, doesn't it? if that were me, waiting for the wave of doom to hit or not hit, I'd like to think I'd make love not worry, but I would probably worry. so maybe there's no difference between Worry and Not-Worry, but there might be a difference between Love and Worry after all.