Tuesday, September 22, 2009


"Lifting belly what is earnest. Expecting an arena to be monumental.
Lifting belly is recognized to be the only spectacle present. Do you mean that.
Lifting belly is a language. . .
I want to tell about fire. Fire is that which we have when we have olive. Olive is a wood. We like linen. Linen is ordered. We are going to order linen.
All belly belly well.
Bed of coals made out of wood.
I think this one may be an expression. We can understand heating and burning composition. Heating with wood." - Gertrude Stein, "Lifting Belly"
----

Today, Virgo, the future is your canvass, so get ready to paint your life on it. Begin the day by painting the background and save the details for last. Savoir every detail, because these may become the details you live by. You may have the opportunity to secure your future to your liking.
[is that how you spell canvas?] [wait a minute, is that how you spell savor? no, SAVOIR means 'capacity for appropriate action'. I can't spell for shit but I know stuff like what words mean, I'm an English professor - right?]
---

It's the autumnal equinox today. The days of Virgo end when the days of summer end. I go fallow on the same day that the earth does, earthly thru and thru. I'm home sick with sick little boys today, all stuffy nosed and fever headachey. I had fallen asleep again in my little puddle of frumpy bluck when I woke to the sound of a ladder and thought it was a loud dream, but no, it was the Roofer Friend Guy clamoring up to inspect my mysterious and stubborn wood-killing leak. He says he'll come back in late October to "take a deep breath and open the can of worms", coincidentally when Saturn will be finally leaving my sign after nearly 3 years that I've been in karmic detention. I'm wondering hotheaded sleepily if today will have been the day I should have named him for the blog. RFG? Or something with a little Native mojo, i.e. "ShitsonWindshields"? Let me ask the 8-ball (pause): "Better not tell you now."

"Earthly Bodies," J. Tillman - love the Gertrudey first verse