Saturday, September 19, 2009

too funny to be a horror story


been hanging out w Officer and MilknCookies. they have a firepit and a patio of pavers and an assortment of chairs and his/hers coolers stocked with beer and mango boozecoolers respectively. sometimes his friends come over and they tell stories of incredibly bad cop behaviors, all drunk and utterly retarded and sometimes very funny. and, inevitably, at times there is a notable equalizing of the party numbers by there being one man there without a woman attached to him (eyeroll) which is always annoying and yet kind of amusing to see reflected back at me what I come off as, measured by what I'm imagined paired with. clearly, I'm going up in value, generally speaking. if I'm "a professor" and/or "a yoga spiritual something person", there's pigeon chested IT guys and/or men whose sensitivity has yet to be appreciated. Officer tossed into the mix this weekend one of his oldest friends, with whom he has shared so much bad behavior that it could add up to a Jackass sequel. the theme of the night's stories was "shit", as in the time they made shitdip with ritz crackers for a party as a joke, the times they shit in one another's houseplants and bathroom sinks for a joke, etc. my favorite: the time the friend took a shit on the windshield of another friend's car, which was parked on Delaware Ave. in a busy traffic area, in broad daylight, and it turned out not to be the friend's car actually. hey, that and the guy is a roofer = my stock is rising with the neighbors, clearly, and I'm "a regular person" to them at this point. that's cool. but no chemistry between the guy and me, of course, as I sat on the other side of the gathering and hugged a shih tzu to me like body armor, and he drank vodka straight out of a tim hortons cup until he fell stone asleep sitting up and one of his friends picked his nose.

The Concretes - Miss You (it's a moka link so you have to rt click save to open it, but it's a really good Stones cover)