Monday, July 14, 2008

the house ("Turtle House" is its nickname, which appears to be sticking) is testing my love. the water meter was busted, which is why we couldn't do the plumbing inspection bc we couldn't get water. the city has to replace that. but this is WHITEYTON, so of course at 8 am this morning as soon as we called them, they rushed right over, apologizing for there being a crack somewhere in their town. (hahahahah) they replaced the meter, but still no water . . . there's a main break under the driveway. they're rushing around now getting the pipe maps for the city - up to halfway down the driveway, they fix it. beyond that point, I have to fix it. I'm praying it's not under the garage floor, czzzz that would be that 4 ft of cement previously discussed. and of course I couldn't dig that up until I owned it, thus taking on whatever that amounts to . . . then again, if there's no water coming into the house, then it's impossible for there to be broken pipes INSIDE logically speaking since there would have been no water in 'em. I think Turtle-H might have not let any water come in, armscrossy-like. you'd think this might scare me off, but of course no - I thought "I love watching backhoes" . . .

I'm either really committed, or somebody should commit me - I dunno.