Thursday, May 07, 2020

I miss my pond. I have missed it since I left it. And I can't get it back. I can't dig that hole again and even if I could, I don't know enough about plumbing. And now I can't even get one installed by a landscaper, my fave pond store is Covid-closed, not even curbside pick-up, no sign of life. So I decided, a container pond, I can do that myself (I think). I found this big ol cast iron tub on Craigslist. .. .. to get it, I have to give my address to some guy ... ... I decide it's worth the risk he that he will rape and murder me cz he probably won't, how do you rape and murder and maintain social distance, right? He showed up with his son and wife and lugged it into my yard in exchange for cash I'd washed with bleach water. They want pics when I've transformed it.

At some point, you have to trust people. Some people some of the time. That's another lesson from the pandemic. Cz now you really have to THINK ABOUT IT every time you have human contact. And you have to ACKNOWLEDGE IT, that no human can live without constant support of other humans.

Self reliance is a complete fantasy.