Tuesday, November 03, 2009

not better to be safe than sorry . . .



"Take on Me (A-HA cover)," A.C. Newman

Started the new teacher training today, which will be more strenuous and time consuming than I realized. I’m glad I’m doing it and hope I can keep up - it’s going to kick my ass. But. I need something to kick my mind loose of its current groove, is the thing. Everything is a level of perfect that might not be representative of reality and I've got a sinking feeling I'm on thin ice . . . . So anyway, we go pose by pose and perfect them to a teacher-degree of mastery, and now I really realize what it means when they say shit like “two feet in one line from the side”: if you pull your leg up over your head, you can see it in the mirror in front of you and it lines up with the foot on the floor, but sideways where you can’t see it there also has to be two feet in one line and THAT is how the standing splits happens. (Zephi the teacher trainer today, with whom I was supposed to go to Costa Rica, married Mark in September and is several weeks pregnant [double indemnity] so I can hardly complain when she who is trying not to panic or to barf puts my foot where it belongs and the sensation makes a Brazilian wax look like a cakewalk [YAUP!].) Welp, that leaves less room for other thoughts . . .

So guarded is the teacher‘s ‘dialog’ and even more guarded their copyright-threatening modification to it, that I have to look at it only while I’m there. As if I don’t know it in my bones, as if I couldn’t at any moment close my eyes and recite ‘first is pranayama breathing good for your heart and respiratory system feet together toes and heels touching strong legs lock your legs strong foundation interlock your fingers under your chin always touching throughout the posture never lose the contact with your fingers and your chin empty your lungs focus your intentions and begin arms up six seconds through the throat the nose is just a passage way arms up by your ears someday your arms will touch your ears slow it down warming up the body . . . . .’