Saturday, June 21, 2008



For just $50 extra a year, I opted for rental insurance - that’s where they give you a rental car for the length of your repairs. I didn’t even know I’d done it - a kind of passing thought of “meh what’s 50 bucks” typa thing as I dimly recall. Yesterday, I dropped Stan off at the dealership hospital and Enterprise showed up to give me a MONTH loner. Lemme tell ya, those are like the hotel rooms they rent by the week. TJ gets in and says “This smells like when you give a dog a bath to make it smell better but it doesn’t work.”
Since wa “not doing anything anyway”, X was up my ass to take the kids an extra day of course, which given the Friday night options was okay by me. They go off to WI now to spend a week with X and Grandma Jody, so last night was kinda the special meal before the execution. We went to see The Hulk. I really love little boy movies. No, SERIOUSLY. You can’t really tell by the pick, but Ed Norton is totally hot. And The Hulk learns to control his awesome powers by doing kundalini yoga breathing exercises, which then I taught to the boys when we got home. ;) They’re still young enough that they actually believe I’m some kind of unique warrior type mother. Oma, X’s step mom, and Opa back me up on it, as she does Tai Chi and has a collection of swords to go with, and Opa swears to them that there is a special breed of super short super fierce women in the world and they’ve got TWO in their family alone!! They have faith in it completely.
All this was improving my mood to the point that I thought maybe the self-pity tears would take a break today, especially since it seems the sun is out for the FIRST DAMN TIME in literally weeeeeeeeks, but then I remembered: omg I signed up for the damn garden show tomorrow. And I welled right up, noowawawa. My inner virgo is a real pain in my ass, for real. Remember the last time, when the yard was perfect and I won a Buffalo in Bloom thing and/but I stayed locked inside all day like I had flesh eating disease? Actually, I think I’ll probably go with that plan again . . .

For anyone interested, today marks the solstice and apparently it’s a big one - for the next few months, there’s gonna be hurricanes and cataclysms galore that will mark spiritual rebirth on a global scale or lack thereof (and then we’ll all die), so the astro yogis tell me . . . Thus try to, um, whatever it is you’re supposed to do. Stay in bed probably. How much trouble can you cause the planet from there? In fact, yeah, do that and try to find somebody worth taking with you - that seems monumentally more difficult global-love-wise than recycling, but maybe that’s just me. (cry)

Okeeee, time to mow the damn lawn. Extension cords beware.

"I Love You My Hope," Hird - from DmS, I like this song a lot and was hitting it on repeat in Stanley - tiz my tune pick for the summer solstice.