Monday, October 01, 2007

Today

I block out with music the sound of yelling then sobbing (his) downstairs. I fight fret (I fail, miserably).

I leave, go to my competition prep class, come back, work and work and walk into the dining room off and on where sits on the dining table a big flowering mum with ear-colored blooms and I like it. I bought it yesterday for only 5 bucks cz it’s crooked, and on the table are the things I got the day before, a great deal on fall coats for the little guys ($8 closeout) and Gap boxers that say KAPOW.

I have no idea why, and really fear that I will never understand it in this life. What is Wrong (with me). I like to be happy and like making do with that, like happiness is a tight budget that can go far enough. I like to Be. And it’s not like I didn’t think that over, because I did. Obviously.

No wonder I like kids, they like to Be, it’s their job to work their leg muscles and smile at people they know and cry at people they don’t. That much I understand.


What do you call a penguin in the dessert?
What?
Lost.
[pause] (lol) I think you mean desert.
(giggle giggle)