Saturday, February 10, 2007

For Virgo this week:

"You've been walking the ocean's edge, holding up your robes to keep them dry," writes Coleman Barks in his translation of the 13th-century poet Rumi. What he means is that you've been too tentative and inhibited in your relationship with the tidal forces of love; you've been holding back from giving your total devotion to the primal power that fuels the universe. "You must dive naked under and deeper under," Barks and Rumi continue, "a thousand times deeper!" Consider taking the poets' advice, Virgo. If you can't manage diving a thousand times deeper, try to least make it a hundred times. Happy Valentine Daze!

Oh What Ever. I just think if a man can be put on the moon 50 times and you can buy a new ass if you’re born without booty and fly to China over the north pole in one fell swoop, amidst all those scientific wonders there ought to be a way, regardless of what you’re doing or the atmospheric conditions in which you’re doing it, that curly hair could be kept from going all brunette-rooster. [And my ear still hurts.] [And I am very not fond of snow.] [Nor of being deprived of consolation.]

If ya can’t beat ‘em join ‘em Valentines Day on the blogs Playlist:

Beck – I think I’m in Love [not an Eddie Money cover]
Al Green – Love and Happiness [the, um, “backbeat” starts to be embarrassing]
Bo Diddley – Who do you love? [dancing barefoot in dirt]
The Greenhornes- Lovin in the Sun [hours on flowers hippie love]
The Tragically Hip – Last Night I dreamt You didn’t Love me
The Subways - Hide your Love Away [Beatles cover, runner up]
Nino Tempo and April Stevens - I been carrying a torch for you so long I burned a hole in my heart (la la la) [best in show]