Wednesday, April 24, 2024

 

I got on the floor to play with the baby. They utterly lost their minds. Dball cried over me licking the top of my head my face my feet, on and on. J-Joplin let loose about a gallon of piss, about which I was super pissed off (!)  but in retrospect I think that was PTSD ie I'm not the only one, duh. They lived through a near fatal fall down a flight of stairs AND a home invasion that we humans only interrupted and paid for ... why did I think they wouldn't have a lot to say about all that trauma (too)? Theirs was way worse, really. I only had to be dead through the fall thing (who would care for them after?), and I wasn't taken hostage in the home invasion (I just had to come home to a broken home after the fact). When I think about it all from their point of view, it makes me sick to my stomach for real