Sunday, October 06, 2019




I'm teaching a graphic medicine course with the chair of biology next semester. Students will make comic books about illnesses / biological malfunctions and she will be in charge of their scientifiic accuracy. So I am pulling texts out of storage and out drops a 'bookmark', like a joke I decided to tell my future self, "hey remember when you were traumatized by finding hotel room charges on bank statements? ha ha ha"

Yesterday, The Girl's cat broke its leg. Just the most recent of many child-related meltdowns lately. (My kids are killing me, that is also part if the This Time, my kids being all old enough to routinely fuck themselves over and then come crying to me.) I spent the evening in a vet ER. Turns out that's a very funny place to hang out. Dogs do the dumbest shit. My favorite was the beagle named Scout who ate mulch, weighed 5 pounds more than the day before, so 5 pounds of mulch. He was cute and friendly with an innocent look on his face. He reminded me of Trainwreck. That beagle is definitely going end up in an ER again, no doubt about it. Lol.