Sunday, May 09, 2010

if I shut the water off at the toilet, the leak stops, which makes no sense to me bc it would be the same pipe that leads to the sink right? I mean, ya wouldn't run a pipe from wherever water comes from (which I dunno) to each thing separate, right? upstairs has to have just one pipe for cold water, I would think. but the toilet was nastey anyway, so went to home depot and got a new toilet and the neighbor dude put it in but then the leak came back. so now I have the toilet shut off again, and the leak is gone again. I stare at this problem in my mind, lying here freezing my ass off fully dressed under 4 blankets, wondering how the fuck the mechanics of it could work. I mean, a pipe is a pipe, either it's leaking or it's not. how can it not-leak when the sink is on but the toilet using the same pipe which is a new toilet is still leaking some kinda way unless I merely turn that shut off at its base and then it sits there full of water not-leaking . . ?? . .

update: my kids gave me a fantastic mother's day, to hell with the toilet, so there