Tuesday, April 06, 2010

[update: the sabres won. (I lent them my mood.) they got the top spot and I only saw them one lousy time this year, when they lost. and I want to go to a playoff game. and/or maybe one of these.]

today was ROUGH: Ears didn't bring home what he needed to study last night, and flunking one test means summer school at this point; I gotta take TJ to CarlatheSitter at dawn, take Ears to school and fake sick and get the study materials, take that one with me to the city, drop him off w the Girl and go teach a bunch of yoga, take her to ECMC for a TB test with Ears in tow, and since it turns out actually he has lost the book he super really needs, I gotta run to the school again to borrow a book from the secretary in the guidance office (it's the last one in the building, she stole it) who is waiting for me (note that only women are helping me all day) while there's a storm warning in place and hail is coming down and I'm hydroplaning all the way there . . . . meanwhile, X emails to insist that he'd like to take the boys one on one, so they can really get Quality Andy Time, and could I just rearrange my entire weekend work schedule for the next few weeks so that he doesn't have to do jack shit but have even less childcare (?)

it was everything I could do not to climb through the pc and feed his dick to him, seriously.

I've concluded that the oldworlde way is best: men do man shit, and women do this kinda shit, run around and pat butts etc. you might say, NO NO somethingsomething equalitywhatever, but that's bc you don't know any kinda shit about it, because For Sure men are a big pain in the ass when it comes to the day-to-day of childrearing and housekeeping. PLUS, if a man isn't doing enough man shit, he's all depressed and resentful too. then they get under foot and need to be reassured that they're not under foot besides, since they're already feeling so man-shit-deprived wa wah whatever. they should go do man shit with other men, play with the kids like wrestling and sports whatever, talk to them about deepmanlifeshit if they're little men like fieldofdreams, and make the woman happy (duh, ie lit up to see you + mend her fences), which in turn makes her refueled and refreshed as she runs around patting butts and putting out fires.

one of the other yoga teachers made the mistake of telling me to be "more commanding" the last time she took a class with me, as we're supposed to give each other feedback etc. she was in my afternoon section today and had to lay down mid-class, I kicked them so god damn hard. I did feel a little bad about the one who threw up. but not all that bad, to tell you the honest truth. The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea. - Isak Dinesen I'm done crying and I don't live near the sea.

no song. and no pic either, since what I would post if I were going to is a pic of my own strong body. backside view. out of spite. which I am rising above right now by a mere hydroplaning margin. so there.