Saturday, July 04, 2009


the puppy has been shitting or barfing every few minutes for the last 24 hours - no vet open on the holiday, so not much to do but shove water down his throat with a syringe and clean up the endless putrid mess - I have to keep him locked in the bathroom where there is tile that can be cleaned up and he barks his brains loose over that without ceasing - I bought ear buds, and a bottle of wine. meanwhile, it's the 4th of July so I left the pup in the bathroom for a while to go see fort niagara and fireworks, which was a bit less adventurous than spending the holiday with BaleD's clan as planned but I walked the fort w NuNu and there were 2500 people there pretending to be revolutionaries, all dressed up with some of them painted and in loin clothes (asses painted red-black) to be the native allies and it was oddly very much like the dyke roller derby only not that different. meanwhile, a huge bald guy on skates was apparently hitting on me during the fireworks and I didn't even notice - it's not at all remarkable that I wouldn't notice except for the 'mr clean on skates' factor