Wednesday, April 08, 2009

the pup's breeders took him back so he could get back into the heated dogbed with his dogmama, and he immediately started to be okay again (theory: a 'stress reaction', ie he suffered a near fatal bout of civil disobedience), but my vet says he can't be certified as healthy again until a week after the antibiotics I started are done on the 14th, but the breeder says he's so cute whatever that he can be placed with someone else now if I'd rather take a different puppy later, but that waiting until the 14th is no good because he'll need other shots by then before which he must be legally registered as belonging to his new private owner even though my vet says the pup can get no shots until he's certified as healthy - both the vet and the breeder agree that life's a crapshoot, the pup is likely perfectly okay OR destined to suffer and cause me great expense, thus whatever I want to do is fine

and I dunno what Jesus would do, nor if that would apply to me ever anyway, sooooo I dunno

[and I'm contemplating the possibility that Jasper is a witch]



update: I'm taking votes as to what to do (no, seriously) - so far I've got one vote for "tell the little asshole to get used to his new home and stop trying to commit suicide over it", and another vote for "why did you get a puppy in the first place?"