Friday, September 14, 2007

I’m orienting towards the upsides today – it’s a beautiful day, and was cold overnight, ie it’s fall. Which is iffy. On the one hand, it’s lovely. On the other, it precedes winter, and that bites. This isn’t boding well. But this is one of my favorite holidays. I still am hacking, but an upside to being back at work is The Weekend. For a while now, Fri and Sat have been the nights I have pointless collie syndrome a lot and I wait for Canadians to fall outa the sky. Today I got up and thought: no union meeting so I don’t have to go to work (yay). I’ll prolly be looking somewhat longingly at the sky in the very near future (ha hem), but for today I have been content to nap at will. I am babying my cold to get over it once and for all by tomorrow’s yoga class – I got up, ate soup, took a long nap in which I dreamed I ate bowl after bowl of cereal, Raisin Bran and Honey Smacks in rotation. Then I woke up and ate 5 bowls of Peanut Butter Crunch and read the dregs of the last TLS. We’re going to see The Brave One later cuz J’s crush has her all frustrated and wanting to shoot stuff, or see stuff get shot, or something something. Which is fine by me – although I’m jonesing to see Super Bad, I can toggle the “wanting to see Jodi Foster shoot stuff” mode, no problemo.

Speaking of seeing stuff, I forgot to mention that on my last night in WI, we all watched the new HBO show “Tell Me You Love Me”. So you can picture this: remember that my mother is included in the “we”, and all weekend long they made me watch “Starting Over House” until I truly and seriously wanted to kill myself. In the last episode of that, one of the women ‘started over’ by marrying herself, symbolic self love garbage-ola, with a white dress and the whole thing dum dum dee dum – GAG ME. Then [speaking of which (?)] it was my turn to pick and we cued up the HBO; I never thought I’d see Jane Alexander “slob on bob”, the phrase I learned this time from my bro-in-law, who just in general conversation teaches me another urban dictionary entry or two (cameltoe, butterface, fluffer . . . god, he is foul and funny) every time I go there. We kept covering our eyes like it was the Texas Chainsaw Massacre and laughing and laughing.

This post matches the day, full of a whole lotta nothing much.