Thursday, September 13, 2007

wa

I forgot about the slobberkiss-riskfactor. After they’re 3 years old or so, you can nzl the hell outa them without as much goo being involved, but before that they’re SARS in cute packages. You coulda fried an egg on my head overnight last night.

Still. Things might have been worse.


Today, back at work – I admit it, I sort of forgot about Work. That it’s kinda there, ya know, like, every day and stuff. I coughed up a left lung all over captive audiences all day long; me = an ugly bag of mostly mucus. But I guess I’m also remembering the upside of my job, that being In Charge means I can say what happens today, every day, so I gave quizzes to save my voice. My sister says that when working for a living starts to feel too much like working for a living, she imagines the jobs she’d hate to have instead. I totally do that too. For her, those are the ones that include catching/cleaning up puke. For me, it’s a hairnet or anything involving wearing a “visor”, Chucky’s Chicken or whatever on my forehead all day long.

Does everybody have a worst-case-scenario bomb shelter in their head for duck-and-cover thinking? Or is that just us?





Okkervil River-Unless it Kicks (acoustic)
Ron Sexsmith (ft. Chris Martin) - Gold in them Hills