Sunday, March 31, 2019

Laugh til ya cry, my family is gifted at that. Debriefing memory, something superfucked up that we accepted at the time (what choice?), like mom's everythingissalad kick, bowls full of dandelion leaves pissed on by the dog in the yard and now dressed with garlic for dinner. Remember how whenever ya got sick, she would shove a suppository of Tylenol up your ass? WHY? Like, there were fucking chewables Ma. Remember that time you actually had to have that after the car accident and after two tries you were like MA!, put your fucking glasses on!! On and on we talkstory, until we can't breathe for laughing.

Hurling shit, otherwise known as dinner at the table, another gift of our family dynamics. My sister this time, a well deserved plate at my dad. He got started on slave rape - WHY? - insisting that 'until lately' there was no rape, men and women just both accepted that sex happened on demand, and that it wasn't a violation of human rights because slaveowners could not rape property, that would make no more sense than fucking your shoe and calling it rape. "Like a knot hole in a piece of wood." I excused myself to go to the bathroom to write down 'knot hole' so I wouldn't forget the phrasing.  Through the door, I could hear my sister getting pissed, arguing with him, then she pulled his old 'in my house, you WILL..' move on him. I felt her deep satisfaction at being able to say it just like he always had, this is my house, her rage and power moved up my spine out the top of my head. Then the *crash* of the ritual plate sacrifice. I came out of the bathroom, Dad was gone, plate shards were being cleaned away, my sis was fuming and heading out to the porch to stress smoke. "Please tell me it was YOU who broke the plate (?)"

Fuck. Yes.

And I start laughing again. And so does she.






"no place like home"