Friday, January 06, 2017

On my island, dogs and kids and a clean house and soup in the crockpot filling the air with simmeringsmell overnight. I open my eyes, smell the soup and listen to the tick of the boiler, Django rolls over and stretches next to me. I read the news (Joe, that doesn't work) and look at whatever Adirondack real estate posted overnight. I start to decide what fresh juicebar concoction to have for breakfast after my walk. My favorite combo is carrot beet kale and apple. But too much beet juice, FYI, you will pee pink, which is very weird. I go to the juicebar every morning, the owner floats around like on foot wings of self certainty, takes trips with her husband and actually says 'good help is hard to find' out loud with no irony. I'm sure it is. I smile at the help. They add shots of ginger to my smoothies.