Sunday, May 10, 2009


single motherhood


white tantric debrief v.1 (best articulated by my friend Pinky, when we'd survived one portion and were being tutored into the next, in which we'd hold a mutual pose into extruciating pain for longer than would seem mentally or physically possible): "This is wicked nuts!" I'll have more to say about it, and it's not like I wouldn't do it again, but it ain't for the faint of heart that's for fucking sure.

as promised: martha wainwright - bloody mother fucking asshole [repost]

Then, the eagles. We were swooping through the air and I was being carried, and then we were caught up in the middle of a sky herd. The shadows cast were so huge, it was hard to even make out what the herd was at first, and then a black bear went past just above us, being held in the talons of an eagle the size of a sesna. The herd was endless, not dozens, more like a couple hundred. What was carrying me was doing the flying and I can only imagine that was Pinky, but I don't know for sure - we were of one mind, one animal, some kind of both predator and prey, until he started gliding lower into the eagles on the bottom of the herd, and I thought "Don't go near the ones that don't have anything in their talons yet!" which the lower flying ones did not, but down we went until one grabbed him hard and I squirmed and he dropped me and I woke up when I hit the ground.

A bear in a dream is a very rich and complicated dream symbol. In order to understand it, objective association need to be made. Bears are solitary animals and the females are solitary mothers. They hibernate in a cave and they are generally not predatory animals. A bear is only aggressive when provoked, and as such times she is dangerous and deadly. Bears in dreams may represent a period of introspection and depression. However, this may be a part of a healing cycle, where the dreamer has retreated into herself in order to regenerate and in order to create something new and valuable in her life. It may signal of period of introspection and thinking. The dream may also be a pun on "bare". Perhaps you need to bare your soul and let everything out into the open.