Friday, March 27, 2009

new moon in aries, v.2 [the fringe moves to center]


When I met LMG, for instance, what stood out was that he told me a story before he told me his name, and the story was one of moving from one life to another, partly by necessity and then by choice. The arc of the plot goes like this: I had a life but I got kicked out of it and then since I had to start over anyway I decided to follow my heart/soul/convictions, and then so this and then that and then this . . . etc etc. In his case, it was a divorce followed by inability to do the meaningless job he had bc he had no reason left to do it, so this and then that and finally the music store I was standing in when he tumbled out this story by way of hello. Bale-D, another case: a bankruptcy and then this and then that and finally a green building contracting business. My witch, the same, Tops checkout then the Dali Llama . . . A large number of people don’t like most of their lives really, eh? – hate their jobs, wish they were in better relationships, wish they could see themselves differently, want fewer chores with more purpose per, on and on. In those cases, when the sky falls, there can be a hard release of the spirit, because once you’ve already lost your life there is much less to fear (upside to everything).

So I’m thinking about the economy, looking at it like at a mote on my eyeball; the pool of people I might want to befriend is increasing by hundreds of thousands a month with no ebb of that trend in sight. That perspective helps me achieve equanimity at the moment.


Ruben Gonzalez - Choco’s guajira [like the Buena Vista Social Club? if yes, you’ll like this – nobody with booty can resist this kinda music, methinks] - the rest of the playlist is at moka here, all good but the gonzalez and lopez are my faves