Friday, September 25, 2026

grippysock I love yous

it's only taken me a year+, but I think I'm finally getting the hang of that specific 

obviously 'I love you' means a million different things, depending on who is saying it to whom and under what circumstances. it means something different when I say it to my dog vs my sister vs my mother etc, on any given day.

when your mother-in-law who is not your mother-in-law anymore says it to you, thankfully it does not mean you have to remarry her step-son! once M. started calling me, my (ex) mother-in-law followed suit. and that resulted in a sunshower of I love yous today from this family that I've been apart from for years. from everybody in it except my EX (thank christ). if he and I started saying that shit to each other πŸ‘€ well, thatd be gross hahahaha 🀒

I don't think huckforcats is gross and it was his (ex) mother-in-law not mine and many rounds/layers of bruising trappednesses followed 😡‍πŸ’« - the specifity of the grippysock I love you was lost on me in that shitπŸŒͺ.  but my own (ex) mother-in-law clarified it in my mind today. it is its own category that is not specific, it falls into no specific narrative (there is no specific "and thus" implied), it just is. I think I'd translate it as "we are all gonna die, maybe today!, so I love you or whatever, js"

(and I spose it wasn't jesus in that horoscope earlier, it was inlaws πŸ‘€ whoda thunk that?)

we, the women of that family, are hiding Ears from D-Nozl, who is driving in tonight and none of us think he's a good inflence, so our I love yous made a thus we are a wall in this specific instance at this specific time. a wall we will hold, try to, until D-Nozl's safely back in CT. it's not forever. but right now Ears can't afford the burden of his father's unrelenting specific expectations. 

status: migrating to the cottage where we cannot be found ft. turning off our phones as if outa range

play used to be part of our every day. so we're bringing back the inapproprate-o-lanterns. I do not remember how we made this, but TJ votes we bring this one back except with a ball gag. it's a solid idea, but maybe a bit much for Vegas